Thursday, February 4, 2010

Starting Over- no not me!

Today's Oprah article that hit my in box caused me to think on this subject:
"If you're dreaming about starting your own small business, take a lesson from these women who took a chance and started over. From an attorney who opened her own bakery to a stay-at-home mom who now gets paid to go kiteboarding, find out how you can pursue your dream job."

You read about doctors who study for years then realize they are in the wrong position; attorneys who don't do so well can usually become a great business person due to the schooling they receive; there are so many people these days, especially in Michigan and the southeast lower michigan area that by no choice of their own are being forced to recreate who they are... That caused me to reflect on just how lucky and very blessed I am to have a job I love to do ie: never working a day in my life! a job where I help women look and feel better. Where my chief responsibility these days is to make women happy and also to be able to introduce women to a business opportunity where there is no one laying them off, cutting their pay, telling them where and when they will work. Then i started thinking about the cost of setting up a bakery; restaurant; boutique; you get the idea- to start a new business there is so much involved financially, then there is marketing costs; and living expenses if you are not profitable right out of the gates... wow,now wouldn't that be nice?! Experts tell us in 2008There were 627,200 new businesses, 595,600 business closures and 43,546 bankruptcies. How about those odds? So here is the Mary Kay story. For the small investment of $100 a person can start their own business. That gives you a starter kit, and everything you need to begin your first 30 faces. That is called a POWER START. Because the statistics show that with that much practice you get better each time and your success rate when coupled with on line, and in person training gives a great opportunity to grow a very successful home business along side of what ever you are currently doing. The overhead is low. There are no territories or quotas. A new consultant can work anywhere in the United States. You can chose to build your team and all this comes with continuing education and on going support.

Support that I took for granted for so many years until one of the women in my unit shared that she began working @ a bridal salon and realized that no one really knew how to serve the customer's needs and did not know how to ask the right questions or how to really take care of a new client. All the things that we had been taught. I am so happy to have a career where I can earn what I am worth, where there are no limits to my personal or financial growth and where on a daily basis I make people feel great! I would love to share more about my passion of helping women with you~ just ask me .... Thanks for stopping by today to listen to my thoughts. Tomorrow tune in for the story of Kim and Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment