Friday, February 12, 2010

the blessing of snow

The weather reports warned that snow was coming. So we busied our selves preparing for a "snow day". The excitement of sleeping in, baking cookies and special comfort food was on my son's mind.

While I understand that people are inconvenienced by the snow – school is canceled, driving becomes hazardous and electric power can be interrupted – I must admit that I was ready for a snowstorm this week. I wanted the quiet that so much snow brings; I wanted to snuggle in front of the fireplace with my current book and my cat on my lap; I wanted to make a big pot of soup and Colin wanted cookies!

My "in box" was filled with great ideas for "snow sales" but my clients were all well cared for because they were home I knew that most were available but also they were all on my books for future get~togethers for 100 FACES. The beauty of working when you work is that you can play whole heartedly when the time calls for that.

Why do I need a snowstorm? What is there about all the appointments and meetings on my calendar that require an “outside influence” for me to reevaluate their importance? I believe that when we evaluate our goals, and live by our convictions we can in good conscience take a day to relax and rejuvenate. Work when it is time to work, BE where you are 100% and play when it is time to play. Follow up, follow through and when the world is covered with a blanket of beauty like the snow we saw this week in Oakland county you can luxuriate in the pure enjoyment of celebrating snow. Live in the moment. Love your life. Know that you are just where God put you to be at that very time doing what you are to do.

I am thankful for the reminders that come with snowstorms, reminders to listen quietly for a moment. I am thankful that my business is not shut down by the traffic or the weather and that I can chose to dial up or down to adjust to my families needs.

It was thrilling to hear from Kim D this morning that her day yesterday, was 7 faces and several hundred dollars in sales arranged around a riding lesson and spending time with her horse "Red". Kim has embraced the concept of taking her business everywhere she goes and working around her busy life. She has balance and harmony and I know that she will have a great story to tell when she tallies up her experience from seeing 100 FACES in 100 Days.

For more information on begining your own Mary Kay business check out my website www.marykay.com/kcameron

February has some very special opportunities and training begins next week- don't delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment