Friday, October 2, 2009

Having fun and making women happy

I am so very excited to post my first blog! Forgive me if I gush! 29 years ago, I could have never envisioned this day. I started my Mary Kay career to earn $50 a week and get my skin care free. I was going to school full time, working full time and ran out of money on Wednesday. Does that sound familiar? Today I think many people have more week that paycheck! So with bad skin, no practical knowledge of how to apply makeup (beyond mascara) I embarked on a career with Mary Kay Cosmetics as an independent beauty consultant. I followed directions, read everything, went to the trainings, never missed a Monday night meeting and held 5 shows my first week after my starter kit arrived. There's more to that story but we'll save that for another day...

Never in a million years did I dream that one day I would stand in front of any size group and speak. (I sat for my first classes afraid to stand up and speak to a group) talk about personal growth!

Never did I dream that the little girl with the all pink bed room would drive one of the famed PINK CADILLACS and earn full time pay for part time work.

I built my business in those early years (did i mention it was a recession then too?) by doing the makeup for wedding parties. And later today I will go off to help Jenn with her makeup and everyone in her wedding party. I have lost count of the # of brides. Each time I help a bride look "Picture Perfect" for her special day I know why I love this business so very much.

Thank you for stopping by~ stop in tomorrow for pictures of our big event. and Make the most of your today!

No comments:

Post a Comment